Warming socks are a form of hydrotherapy that is used as an alternative to drugs in managing symptoms associated with upper respiratory conditions including congested sinuses, headaches, migraines, sinus infections and sore throats. They are also beneficial for any chronic, painful inflammatory condition, especially of the feet.
This treatment acts to reflexively increase the circulation and decrease congestion in the upper respiratory passages, head, and throat. It has a sedating action and many patients report that they sleep much better during the treatment. It is a simple technique that helps to stimulate the immune system to prevent and fight off infection.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 pair white cotton socks
1 pair thick wool socks
Warm bath or warm foot bath
Here’s how to do it:
1. Take a pair of cotton socks and soak them completely with cold water. Be sure to wring the socks out thoroughly so they do not drip.
2. Warm your feet first. This is very important as the treatment will not be as effective and could be harmful if your feet are not warmed first. Warming can be accomplished by soaking your feet in warm water for at least 5-10 minutes or taking a warm bath for 5-10 minutes.
3. Dry off feet and body with a dry towel.
4. Place cold wet socks on feet. Cover with thick wool socks. Go directly to bed. Avoid getting chilled.
5. Keep the socks on overnight. You will find that the wet cotton socks will be dry in the morning.
Warming socks are effective for people of any age from children to the elderly. This protocol works best when repeated for three nights in a row, or as instructed by your physician.
This Post Has One Comment
Hello puravidanaturalmedicine.com administrator, You always provide clear explanations and step-by-step instructions.
Comments are closed.